Our conference theme is biblical creation. Increasingly, we have seen professing Christians doubt, and even reject, the Genesis account of creation in six days. This conference will provide both biblical and scientific evidence to equip believers as they defend their Christian worldview and six day creation. To accomplish that goal, Dr. Jason Lisle will present several lectures (such as “Dinosaurs and the Bible” and “Astronomy Reveals Creation”) demonstrating how science confirms biblical creation. In addition, Dr. Kenneth Gentry will be presenting biblical and exegetical reasons for six day creation including a rebuttal to the Framework Hypothesis. This conference will provide a unique blend of biblical and scientific material suitable for school-aged children as well as pastors and elders.
Dr. Ken Gentry is a theological researcher and writer, conference speaker, and a retired Presbyterian pastor with 37 years of pastoral ministry service. He holds a B.A. in Biblical Studies, an M.Div. from Reformed Theological Seminary, and Th.M. and Th.D. degrees in New Testament from Whitefield Theological Seminary where he graduated summa cum laude.
Dr. Gentry is the director of GoodBirth Ministries, a non-profit religious educational ministry committed to sponsoring, subsidizing, and advancing serious Christian scholarship and education. He has several published articles in various periodicals such as Tabletalk, the Westminster Theological Journal, the Journal of the Eveangelical Theological Society, Christianity Today, The Banner of Truth, The Presbyterian Journal, The PCA Messenger, and several others.
Some of Dr. Gentry’s more well known books include - Before Jerusalem Fell: Dating the Book of Revelation; The Book of Revelation Made Easy; He Shall Have Dominion: A Postmillennial Eschatology; Have We Missed the Second Coming: A Critique of the Hyper-Preterist Error; The Christian Case Against Abortion, As It Is Written: The Genesis Account, Literal or Literary? and many more – including a soon to be published two volume commentary on Revelation entitled, The Divorce of Israel: A Redemptive-Historical Interpretation of the Book of Revelation, which is the culmination of over 15 years of research and writing on Revelation.
He has been a guest on several radio and television programs including “Janet Parshall’s America,” “Steel on Steel” with John Loeffler, “Pilgrim Radio” with Bill Feltner, Kerby Anderson’s “Point of View,” Jeff Durbin’s “Apologia Radio,” and several others.
Dr. Gentry has been a featured speaker at over 100 conferences in the United States and abroad and we are very pleased to have him speaking at the Chicago Creation Conference.
Dr. Jason Lisle is a Christian astrophysicist who researches issues pertaining to science and the Christian Faith. A popular speaker and author, Dr. Lisle presents a rational defense of a literal Genesis, showing how science confirms the history recorded in the Bible.
He received a double-major in physics and astronomy with a minor in mathematics at Ohio Wesleyan University. He then went on to obtain a Master’s degree and Ph.D. in astrophysics at the University of Colorado in Boulder. There, he used the SOHO spacecraft to analyze the surface of the sun, and made a number of interesting discoveries, including the detection of giant cell boundaries.
Some of his books include Taking Back Astronomy and The Ultimate Proof of Creation, and he coauthored Old-Earth Creationism on Trial with Tim Chaffey. He is also a contributing author for the Answers Books volumes I and II. Dr. Lisle’s articles include the Logical Fallacy Series, “Evolution: The Anti-science,” “Atheism: An Irrational Worldview,” and many others.
Dr. Lisle is the founder of the Biblical Science Institute, which exists to help people rationally defend the Christian worldview against those who claim that the Bible is unscientific. Critics assert that science has disproved the Bible, particularly the history recorded in the early chapters of Genesis. The Biblical Science Institute equips Christians to logically refute such claims and to be encouraged that science confirms the Bible. The Biblical Science Institute exists to fill a very important niche in creation apologetics: practical interactive discipleship for those engaged in the defense of Genesis or other scientific issues pertaining to biblical authority.
Dr. Lisle is a sought after speaker and author who presents a rational defense of a literal Genesis, showing how science confirms the history recorded in the Bible. It is our honor to have him speaking at the Chicago Creation Conference.
- 5:15 PM - 6:30 PM: Registration
- 6:30 PM: Welcome and Introduction of speaker
- 6:35 PM - 7:45 PM: Presentation from Dr. Kenneth Gentry - "The Temporal Emphasis of the Creation Account: Ten Exegetical Arguments for Literal Six-Day Creation"
- 7:45 PM - 8:00 PM: Intermission
- 8:00 PM: Introduction of speaker
- 8:05 PM - 9:15 PM: Presentation from Dr. Jason Lisle - "Science Confirms Biblical Creation"
- 9:15 PM - 9:35 PM: Question & Answer opportunity
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Registration
- 8:00 AM: Morning welcome and review; Introduction of speakers
- 8:05 AM - 9:05 AM: Dr. Kenneth Gentry - "The Historical Function of the Creation Account: Its Genre, its Historicity, and the Structure of Genesis"
- 9:05 AM: Intermission
- 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM: Dr. Jason Lisle - "Dinosaurs and the Bible"
- 10:15 AM: Intermission
- 10:25 AM - 11:25 AM: Dr. Kenneth Gentry - "The Literary Structure of the Creation Account: Presentation of and Rebuttal to the Framework Hypothesis"
- 11:25 AM - 1:00 PM: Off-campus Lunch Break (Conference attendees can find a variety of local restaurants HERE)
- 1:00 PM: Afternoon Welcome and Announcements
- 1:05 PM - 2:05 PM: Dr. Jason Lisle - "Astronomy Reveals Creation"
- 2:05 PM: Intermission
- 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM: Dr. Kenneth Gentry - "The Worldview Significance of the Creation Account"
- 3:15 PM: Intermission
- 3:25 PM - 4:30 PM: Dr. Jason Lisle - "Understanding Genesis: Your Origins Matter"
Join us Sunday morning at 9:30 AM for worship. Dr. Kenneth Gentry will be our guest preacher.